Hello, friends and fellow Readathonners! The best day of the spring is upon us, and I for one am ready to dive straight in and read my heart out.
My BIG PLANS for today include a couple (or a few) dozen issues of various X-Men series, interspersed with print comics, my current audiobook, and some prose whenever I need to recharge my device. I'll also be helping out on the official Instagram feed during the later half of the 'thon, alongside the lovely Kelly of The Written World, and I'm going to try to maintain a presence on Litsy. You can find me there as xicanti.
I'll also edit this post with periodic updates about what I'm reading, what I'm eating, and what else I'm doing with my time. (Because as much as I love reading, I always do a couple other things with my time.) The most recent update will always appear at the top.
Well, I woke up on time and decided to read in bed for a while instead of rushing to eat breakfast and update my blog. It was an excellent decision and one I think I'm gonna stick to for all future Readathons.
So far I've read for an hour and eighteen minutes (thanks, stopwatch app!) and finished ten issues of X-MEN (2010). That brought me to the end of the series and the dregs of my battery, so I'll be reading paper books for the next hour or two.
My brain's still mushy (I never can manage to sleep well before a Readathon; it's like Christmas), so here's the opening event survey instead of anything more [insert apt word I can't think of because of mushy-brain]:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Manitoba, right in the middle of North America.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? X-MEN BINGE, BABY! I want to finish the original X-FACTOR and a couple more miniseries.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I made some amazing chocolate caramel corn last night and I'm gonna be digging into it throughout the day. I'm also excited to make my favourite crumbled tofu tacos with zucchini and cilantro lime crema.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I'm not a morning person. Like, at all.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? This is my eighteenth Readathon, unless I counted wrong (see: mushy brain), and I think I've got a pretty good system in place. Except, as previously stated, I'm totally gonna spend the first hour reading in bed from now on. BEST WAY TO GO.
And now, my personal tracking meme thing for Hours One through Three:
- One hour, eighteen minutes
- X-MEN (2010)
Food & Drink Consumed:
- two cups coffee
- one glass water
- one bowl Krave cereal, sans milk
- one bowl chocolate caramel corn
Music Listened To:
- None so far.
- social media